TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1. PAYMENTS - An initial Booking Deposit of $500.00 is required to hold filming dates and
pre-production video planning. Booking Deposits are non-refundable. The remaining balance is due (2) two weeks /14 days before your wedding date.
$45.00 fee will be assessed on all returned checks. Any Discounts/Coupons/Promos are at the sole discretion of Solfilms to accept.
Travel is included with all package prices within a radius of 5 milles of NYC.
2. RESERVATION OF TIME AND DATE: This contract constitutes an order for one wedding production. Upon execution of this contract and the Booking Deposit, Solfilms will reserve the time and date agreed upon, and will make no other reservations for that time for the duration of the contract. Solfilms may use substitutes or sub-contractors in the fulfillment of all or part of the contracted services. If the payments are not received at Solfilms by the dates specified, Solfilms may cancel the reservation without further notification to the customer (verbal or otherwise). The booking deposit, payment schedule, times, dates, locations, and other important information are specified in te first section of this contract.
3. DELIVERY OF FINISHED PRODUCTION – Solfilms provides a wedding service; we bundle video in the form of DVD(s), Blue-Ray and/or external hard drive (USB) to each customer. Please allow 1 to 8 weeks for delivery of the final video production. Client understands all highlight videos are approx.3-10 min in length
Delivery o 1 to 8 weeks after the event). Customer has 14 days after delivery to approve the video. If raw footage is included in package, customer has 14 days to verify compatibility on their own computer Mac based or Windows based system. The Customer is welcome to pick-up their production in person or they can have it shipped to them postage paid. Customer must return Final copies with any requested changes within 14 days of receiving the Final copies. Returning Final copies for editing changes after 14 days will result in a$125.00 Reloading Fee as footage is erased after 14 days. We provide one (1) hour of editing free, additional editing is charged at our current rate of $150/hr. Two weeks/14 days after delivery of your wedding production the raw footage will be bulk erased and is unrecoverable.
4. EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS - It is understood Solfilms is the exclusive official videographer retained to perform the services requested on this contract. Display rights: In signing this contract, The Customer is acting as agents for all members of the party and guests and grants Solfilms all rights for display, broadcast, exhibition, promotion, and advertising use of all images produced under this contract. All production masters, photography, and raw footage remain the exclusive property of Solfilms. Solfilms gives client rights to reproduce for personal use.
5. RESTRICTIONS: The Customer is aware that restrictions imposed by others (e.g., photographer, church, reception hall, guests, etc.), and the constraints of the physical environment, safety, weather, and acts of nature can affect the quality and extent of production coverage possible.
Solfilms guarantees coverage of all events only within the bounds of any restrictions and constraints of the physical environment, safety, weather and acts of nature. Solfilms cannot guarantee coverage of outside events during inclement weather. The Customer is responsible for obtaining all permissions and clearances, etc., and adequate shelter from inclement weather and extreme temperatures are required by Solfilms to operate.
6. POSTPONEMENT/CANCELLATION - In the event of a postponement or cancellation of the wedding/contract, prior to fourteen (14) days of the event, the amount paid will be returned, however the Booking Deposit is not refundable.
If cancellation is made less then fourteen (14) days remaining to the event, no refunds will be made.
7. STUDIO LIABILITY - Solfilms will take the utmost care with respect to the production, post production and delivery of the video(s). However, in the event Solfilms fails to comply with the terms of this contract, due to any event at or beyond the control of Solfilms, including but not limited to illness, accidents, labor disputes, acts of nature and other catastrophes, or uncontrollable and unforeseeable equipment failure, Solfilms’ liability is limited only to refund monies received. Because this is an uncontrolled event, Solfilms cannot guarantee delivery of any specifically requested videography. As mentioned above, if our services are canceled for any reason, the booking deposit to reserve the date is nonrefundable. In the unlikely event of personal illness or other circumstances beyond the control of Solfilms, a substitute videographer of high qualifications may be dispatched by Solfilms to fulfill the obligations of videography herein contracted. Solfilms may use substitutes or sub-contractors in the fulfillment of all or part of the contracted services.
8. ADDITIONAL CHARGES - If something occurred at the event that the client does not want to appear on the production, the Customer must instruct Solfilms before editing begins. After the production has been delivered to the Client, there will be a charge for re-editing at the current rate of $150.00 per hour for editing and labor. Re-editing is available to the client for a period of (14) fourteen days after delivery of the video, after the (14) day period the edited video will be deleted from the editing machine and is unrecoverable.
9. PRODUCTION AND EDITORIAL CONTROL – Solfilms is granted full production and editorial control by the customer regarding all aspects ofthe production and post-production services for this event. In the case a particular segment of the event is either not recorded, partially recorded, or not part of the edited master production, it is at the sole discretion of Solfilms as the exclusive producer of the event recording. Due to our style and unobtrusive nature, Solfilms attempts to capture your event as-is.
10. DVD COMPATIBILITY – Solfilms provides HD DVD’s and Blu-ray's using the most compatible media for set-top players.
Solfilms is not responsible for incompatibility with the DVD’s or Blu-ray's with the customer’s DVD's or Blu-ray's player or non HDTV.